Pictured: 2017 Effectively Planning for Community Engagement Lab
The Community Connections Learning Lab Series consists of eight free, 90-minute labs on effectively engaging multiple segments of the community in Minneapolis. Those who complete at least seven of the eight learning labs will earn a Community Connector Certificate. Registration is required. View schedule and register...
City staff, neighborhood organizations and community partners are invited to learn effective community engagement strategies, including considerations about:
- Immigration and refugee status.
- Gender dynamics, religion and norms.
- Historical experiences and trust in government.
- Culturally specific media, communication styles.
- Significant institutions, nonprofits, sacred spaces.
- Major events, holidays or festivals.
Topics & Schedule
All of the fall evening learning labs have concluded as of November 12. NCR will announce the next session in 2020.
Did you miss the last learning lab series?
You can sign up to get email reminders when a new series is announced here.
Community Connections Conference
If you are interested in continuing to learn and apply community engagement techniques, please join us for the Community Connections Conference on February 1, 2020. This free community event is open to all. Read more at Minneapolismn.gov/connectionsconf.
- Expand participants' understanding of equitable community engagement.
- Discover best practices, and avoid common pitfalls.
- Learn techniques that follow the City of Minneapolis’ Core Principles of Community Engagement based on the International Association of Public Participation (IAP2) guidelines.
- Expand participants' understanding of several of the many cultural communities in Minneapolis.
- Learn historical beginnings, cultural norms and become familiar with culturally-specific media and institutions.
To request reasonable accommodations or alternative formats to participate in the learning labs, please use the registration form or email email@example.com or call NCR at 612-673-3737.
Have questions or trouble enrolling?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-673-3737
Last updated Nov 19, 2019