1. If your name on the Utility Bill for the property, call to schedule a voucher.
2. If your name is not on the Utility Bill for the property, you must have the Utility Bill payer submit a Voucher Authorization Form for you to bring material to the South Transfer Station. Call to schedule a voucher. You may also use the South Transfer Station as a cash paying customer.
The person bringing the load of debris to the South Transfer Station must have either a valid Minnesota Driver's License or other approved State Identification.
Who may be authorized?
- A friend or family member, worker or garbage hauler, working for the Utility Bill payer
- The property taxpayer, who is not the Utility Bill payer
- A renter of the property
- An employee of the business, if property is a business
If the utility payer is a business or management company:
- Employee name and company name will be on the voucher.
- Employee listed on the Authorization Form, MUST also be the person bringing the debris to the South Transfer Station.
- Employee must show a valid Minnesota Driver's License AND a current utility bill with the company's name listed.
Authorization Form Instructions
- Fill out the 2020 Voucher Authorization Form and email or fax back to our office, or complete the form at the Solid Waste & Recycling Office, 309 2nd Avenue South, Room 210. The Utility Bill payer must sign the Voucher Authorization Form and provide a copy of their Minnesota Driver's License or other State Identification to Solid Waste & Recycling to validate the Voucher Authorization Form.
- Office hours for authorization forms are Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The Utility Bill Payer MUST complete the Authorization Form.
- Utility Bill Payer must HAVE a current MN Driver's License/MN State ID that matches the name and address on the voucher.
- Utility Bill Payer must provide the name of the person bringing the debris to the South Transfer Station such as the taxpayer, renter, or the hauler with business name and daytime telephone number.
- The forms must be approved by staff in the Solid Waste & Recycling Office.
- All forms not completed at Solid Waste & Recycling, must be faxed to (612) 673-2250 or emailed to SWRcustomer@minneapolismn.gov for approval, and must include a copy of the Utility Bill payers Driver License or State issued I.D.
- When the Authorization Form is completed and approved, the voucher(s) will be issued.
Call Solid Waste & Recycling at (612) 673-2917 to confirm that the voucher(s) have been approved and issued.
Last updated Jan 3, 2020